Monday, November 9, 2015

The 3rd Miller is on his or her way


Getting pregnant with baby number 3 has been a long awaited experience. We had been trying for a long time compared to Maggie and Zoey. We starting trying in beginning of 2013. Brit says it's because I was training for my 1/2 marathon and that messed everything up. Which it very well could have been but it's crazy to think because it was the healthiest I have ever been. Even after I stopped running I we still didn't get pregnant which was frustrating for me. However, it was a good experience to talk about it with the girls, pray about it and fast about it. It really helped show the girls that the Lord does answer prayers but it will be when the time is right not exactly when we want. It's a good reminder that everything is in the Lord's time and not ours.  One of sweetest moments of going through this experience is when the girls would pray for a baby. One time I caught Maggie praying the the corner of our hotel room asking Heavenly Father to bless us with a baby so she can share a room with Zoey. It's wonderful to see how all of our testimonies have grown having struggled with this for a while. I know that 2 years is short compared to some and know that we are blessed with 3 gifts from God. This is such a tender topic and know to some degree how painful it is for others. I only have compassion and love for others that struggle with this trial.

This trial is hard to cope with because it's so good and what the Lord asks of us. I have learned that the Lord is not withholding blessings from us in our times of need but helping us develop our faith and encouraging us to draw nearer to Him and to each other in these trying times. 

A lot of people ask if we are hoping for a boy since we have 2 girls. I find this to be an offensive trick question that Satan has come up with to try and diminish the sweet experience of having a baby. It does not matter the sex of a child. I know that Heavenly Father will send the one that is meant to be with our family. I only hope he or she is healthy and strong. Regardless of girl or boy I will love him or her. I will do everything I am capable of raising him or her to know that they are a Child of God and to help them on their path back to their Eternal Father in heaven. These children are not mine and I can't be selfish to think that they are. I know that I promised to help many of my bother and sisters to return to our Heavenly home and I can only pray that I do the best I am capable of with the Lord's help. My family is perfect as it is because it is just what the Lord sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment