Sunday, November 29, 2015

Hills vs Sand- It's all a matter of perspective

Yesterday I worked 15 hours. I left the house at 6am and didn't return till 11:30pm. Didn't see the girls awake at all but gave them kisses when I got home. UOPX for 8 hours and the Gap for 7 hours. My only spare time I had was my 30 min drive from one job to the other and of course my breaks. Most people would think that that sounds like a horrible day and would really suck but I thought the oppsite. I remember thinking on my way home I was ready for bed because I was tired but yet I was fully energized. As I thought about it it was because I knew how awesome today ended up being. Work is work but that is just what my family needs right now. I am so blessed to have 2 jobs that allow me to support my family. The Lord has made it possible for us to get through yet another trial with so many blessings.

I was reminded of the saying "I can do hard things". I really learned this saying to be true on Trek. I remember being physically exhausted thinking I couldn't take 10 more steps just to turn the corner to find a hill to climb before we could rest. Then once we rested we pressed on only to find DEEP sand up ahead. Then after the sand another hill. After the sand that next hill was not so bad any more.

I know the next few months will be tiring and exhausting and I'm sure there are going to be more problems to solve, hills to climb, and sand to trudge through. However,  I know that blessings come even in trials, because I notice them daily! I know that He has a purpose for all our trials and they are to strength us so we can be stronger to get through the next. One day I will look back on this trial and think man that was a small hill to climb! I am so truly blessed to support my family and feel the love and encouragement from them to keep going and pressing on.